I’m your customer and I want you to know that I like you and I like doing business with you. Some of my reasons may sound a little odd, and to tell you the truth I don’t fully understand them myself, but I assure you my comments are sincere.
1. I like doing business with you because you like me. You are the only supplier who has ever taken the time to send me a personal note stating how you feel.
2. I like doing business with you because you are like me in so many ways. We share common beliefs and experiences. Because of this I know you understand me better than any other supplier.
3. I like doing business with you because you are an expert at what you do. I know I can count on you to provide me with accurate information saving me time and money.
4. I like doing business with you because you don’t take yourself to seriously. You can laugh at yourself and that makes me comfortable to be around you.
5. I like doing business with you because I feel happy when I’m with you. I look forward to seeing you and hearing from you because you make me feel joyful when I’m with you. You make me laugh.
6. I like doing business with you because you pay attention to how you present yourself to me. It’s one of the many things you do to show your respect for our relationship.
7. I like you because you’re genuine. I never feel like you’re putting on airs or trying to be someone you’re not. I trust you.
8. I like you because you associate with others that I admire. I do judge people by the company they keep, and you keep good company.
9. I like you because I like to associate with people other people admire. I feel special and important when I’m in your presence.
10. I like you because you are attentive to my needs. You take the time to ask pertinent questions before offering a solution. You care.
11. I like you because you’re courteous. You respect my time and space and you always let me know how much you appreciate my business.
12. I like you because I know you’re on my team. I can count on you to be there when I need you.
13. I like you because you give me the opportunity to do things for you too. You’ve done so much for me. It makes me feel good about myself when you allow me to do something as simple as buy your lunch.
14. Most importantly, I like you because I like me best when I’m with you. You make me feel smart and interesting and funny and wise. This is your greatest gift.
And because I like you, I want to see you succeed. I want to buy what you’re selling and refer you to everyone I know. I’m delighted to go out of my way to add to your success.
Thank you for making it so easy for me to like you, do business with you and refer you to my friends with confidence.
Signed, Your Customer
Feel free to use all or part of this letter and send it to your favorite supplier. I assure you, it’s a letter they will cherish and remember for the rest of their life.